- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) tends to assess the analytical writing and problem-solving abilities of the candidates.
- GMAT is a standardised test that is administered online in 114 world countries.
- GMAT is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC).
- GMAT is a computer-adaptive test taken by candidates who wish to pursue admissions in graduate management programs.
- Recently, GMAC has increased the online attempts for GMAT exam to 5 in a rolling period of 12 months, and 8 in a lifetime.
- For all further details and registration, visit official website: www.gmac.com
Graduate Business Schools
- GMAT is accepted in more than 7000 programs and over 2300 graduate business schools around the globe.
- Numerous business schools use GMAT as a criterion for admission into wide range of graduate management courses including Master of Business Administration (MBA).
- The test is easily assessable as there are 650 testing centers in 114 countries worldwide.
- Realising the pandemic situation, GMAC has quickly moved to launch online format of GMAT exam since April 2020.
- Candidates who wish to pursue admission in graduate management courses abroad can take the GMAT exam.
- It is advised that candidates must check with their respective universities or colleges for the requirements of the program.
- Candidates have the liberty to give the GMAT exam anytime during the year. However, it is essential to note that test takers can reschedule their next attempt atleast 16 days after taking the first attempt.
- Candidates can register for GMAT exam through phone by simply calling at regional GMAT customer service. To avail this service, candidates will have to bear a surcharge of $10.
- Candidates can schedule the exam through postal mail and pay through a cheque to schedule the exam.
- Candidates can register online for the exam by following the simple steps:
- Visit the official GMAT website.
- Candidates must create their own account and keep a note of their login ID and password.
- Candidates will have to fill in personal details including name, date of birth, address, etc.
- Candidates will have to provide academic details and work experience.
- Further, candidates can verify the details and submit the proforma.
- Candidates can then schedule the exam by simply choosing the closest or preferred test center, preferred date and time slot.
- Lastly, candidates will have to pay the GMAT registration fee online through a debit card or a credit card.
- Candidates with disability will have to complete the GMAT Exam Accommodations Request Form. Once the candidates receive the approval, only then they will be able to schedule the exam.
Dates & Deadlines
- The exam dates for GMAT are not fixed. It depends upon the candidate’s choice of exam centers.
- Candidates are advised to book a slot for GMAT exam at least a month before they wish to give the exam.
- Test appointments cannot be cancelled or modified within 24 hours of scheduled test.
- Candidates who wish to cancel the GMAT exam 14 days before the scheduled date shall be charged $200.
- For important dates and deadlines, visit official website: https://www.gmac.com/
GMAC has not specified any eligibility criteria for the GMAT exam. However, candidates must meet the eligibility criteria set by the university or college to seek admission.
- While there is no upper age limit for the candidate, there is a minimum age limit of 18 years.
- Candidates between 13 to 17 years of age need written permission from their parents or legal guardians.
- Although GMAC has not announced any qualification requirement, but, candidates who wish to pursue MBA programme must possess a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognised university.
GMAT registration fee is US $275. Additionally in case of rescheduling or cancellation of the exam, candidates will have to pay fee as given below.
|GMAT Rescheduling 1 to 14 days prior to appointment
|GMAT Rescheduling 15 to 60 days prior to appointment
|GMAT Rescheduling more than 60 days prior to appointment
|GMAT Cancellation 1 to 14 days prior to appointment
|$200 ($50 refund)
|GMAT Cancellation 15 to 60 days prior to appointment
|$175 ($75 refund)
|GMAT Cancellation more than 60 days prior to appointment
|$150 ($100 refund)
Checklist of Documents
- All candidates must present an acceptable and valid identification at the test center or online.
- Candidates must carry an appropriate ID at the test center or the exam fee shall be forfeited.
- In case candidates choose to give online exam, they must upload an appropriate ID at the time of registration.
- An acceptable ID can be:
- A valid passport,
- ID must have name, date of birth, a recent recognizable photograph, and signature
- In case candidates fail to provide a single ID with all these details, they are required to present a second ID.
- Disabled candidates have to attach medical or clinical documentation along with GMAT Exam Accommodation Form.
Mode of Examination
- GMAT is an online exam. Candidates are not allowed to take calculators at the test centers.
- Test centers shall provide calculators for integrated reasoning section only.
- For quant section, candidates shall get note boards and markers for use.
- GMAT exam comprises of 80 questions from 4 different sections; quantitative reasoning, logical reasoning, analytical writing, and verbal reasoning.
- Candidates have a total of 3 hours and 7 minutes to attempt the exam. There is sectional time limit which shall vary for each section.
- Verbal reasoning and integrated reasoning are computer-adaptive sections that comprise of multiple-choice questions. It is not possible to skip questions or return to change responses in these sections.
- Candidates can choose the order in which they wish to attempt the four sections of the exam.
The figure given below shall reveal the details for the exam.
- An electronic system evaluates the linguistic structure of essays, while human evaluators assess the complete quality of the essay.
- Candidates receive GMAT Score Report just after finishing the exam accept for AWA.
- Candidates receive the complete GMAT score including the AWA scores within 20 days of giving the exam.
- Candidates will receive a link of result on their registered email ID.
- The scores are valid for a period of 5 years.
- Candidates can choose to accept or reject the scores. However, if candidates choose to accept the result, candidates and institutes of their choice will be able to view the result.